Sunday 14 March 2010

Playing around with bits and pieces

Wey hey, not only have I been playing with my new distress inks but I've managed to do two challenges in one day.  Haven't had this much crafty time to myself for ages.  The weather's great so the cats are off a-playin and the bf has been tucked away in front of the tv (Grand Prix widow season has started) and I've been a-messin around with bits and pieces for the Sunday Stampers challenge this week.

Firstly I swished around with some inks (my new favs are tumbled glass and pumice stone, btw, not that I used any pumice stone here).  I've become a non pink/purple girl and seemed to be drawn to my out of comfort zone colour - blue.  Anyhows, after that I became all T!m-ish.  Out came the masks, on went some more blue distress inks (I think pretty much a bit of each of the new blues and a bit of weathered wood cos I felt disloyal to the old colours).  Then I remembered that I had played with the new Alteration Dies, so they got covered with Silver Dabber (not the dies, the die cuts).

Sorry it's a bit wonky, it would sit straight on the scanner cos of the bits and pieces on it.

After all that playing I had a lovely background, but no focus - time for a tidy up (by this time I'm playing in a space the size of a A5 card).  Whilst tidying I remembered the negatives die I had, bit of stamping and a few pieces of hardware later and Bob's your uncle (well he might be, personally I don't have an uncle Bob).

Quite pleased with this challenge entry as I've managed to use 4 stamps that I've never used that have been sitting in my stash for well over a year, probably nearer 5 years in some cases!

Hope you like it
x

3 comments:

  1. Oh I like this, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab piece of art hun and that new Die looks like one for my wish list LOL I got the Tattered Florals the other day...ssssh, don't tell on me though LOL Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper...and as for Uncle Bob...I ain't got one either but apparently, 'round these parts, it is Robert's Yer Mother's Bruvver...am an immigrant from the North to the South you see...tis all a bit foreign to me ROFL x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging. Love your time piece, Gears are so much fun.
    Followed you over from Hels!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.