Friday 26 March 2010

Time for tea

So while my well trained bf is making me a cuppa I thought I would upload my Sunday Stamper entry.  The theme over at Ink on my fingers this week is time so out came my Paper Artsy stamps.  I used a frame from Hobbycraft as a basis, covered it with Gesso and then used mushroom and a mixture of acrylics to get a darkish green blue to highlight it. 

The background is grunge paper inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (tumbled glass, weathered wood and forest moss) and stamped with a fob watch in brushed cordoury.  I then took an arch and covered it with ferro before using the same stamp to create some texture alongside a script stamp.  I wanted a really deep impression so I used quite thick ferro basis and applied a fair bit of pressure.  Once dry the ferro was covered with Rangers pearl acrylic dabber and then dabbed with the same blueish green paint to give a really good contrast.

I then created a metal emobssed clock face to sit on top of the arch and decided it didn't work.  A bit of rummaging later I found a painted domino which I hadn't used from a while back, so I highlighted the pattern in brushed corduroy distress ink and attached some spinners to give a clock impression.  To pull everything together I used a combination of flowers to finish the project.



Thanks Hels for another great challenge.

Hope you all like it
x

1 comment:

  1. ~Fab fab fab ...thanks for joining in with the challenge hun x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.