Thursday 20 May 2010

Best present ever

I got given a lovely bottle of Rose Malone perfume for valentines day, which smelt absolutely gorgeous.  Unfortunately once it hits my skin it smells like the kind of perfume you bought when you were 15 and cost £2.99 from Superdrug.  There's nothing wrong with Superdrug but I had high hopes for this beautiful bottle.

However on a plus point it came in a great little box so I've altered it and the perfume can just sit there until I can work out how to get rid of it without the boyf seeing (good job he doesn't read this!)  Told you I was going to blog the backlog!

I painted the lid black and then covered this in various glimmer mists of the blue and green variety. 

Then I molded some metal on one of the big daddy molds I have and put the smaller end pieces through the cuttlebug.  Not content with spreading glimmer mist everywhere I had another go on the metal after distressing it with Adirondack black acrylic dabber. 
Finally I embossed some grungepaper and coloured it blue before highlighting it in green.

After doing all that it sat for a day or two and I went off playing with my Melt Pot.  Remembering Linda B's demo from Artsy Craft I poured some clear and gold melted utee onto a Ten Seconds Studio big daddy mold and highlighted the design with Perfect Pearls.

Playing along a bit more I created a button mold from mold and pour which was slightly easier to produce in one piece!  This was similarly highlighted.  It was finished off with a small section of tag using Tim Holtz stamps I created after inspiration at a Linda E class and I sneakily stuck a key on intending to submit it for a Sunday Stamper challenge.  Think I might have missed that one (by a mile!)

And the good news is I'm now being trusted with the camera this weekend - yippeee!

Oh well, hope you like it.
x

4 comments:

  1. Well you certainly turned a 'not so good' thing into a fab thing ! Great transformation !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your moulded UTEE piece with the Perfect Pearls highlighting, lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.