Wednesday 16 February 2011

Tagalicious

The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week is to design a tag ... so design a tag I did.  It started off life as a full Tim sized tag but by the time I had finished it turned into a topper and a tag. No there's frugle crafting for you - bit of a shocker for me.



I coloured the tag using Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Faded Jeans & Bundled Sage) then covered this with a couple of Tim's border masks.  After applying Crushed olive and sprizting with Crafty Notions white matte I stamped the PaperArsty text stamp over the mask before using a Tim swirl mask and spritzing with Caramel Apple Glimmer Mist. I used my heat gun in between layers to stop the colours turning into a swampy mess (although if you like grunge grunge ....).

I had to leave the tag overnight as I just couldn't decide which stamp to use.  It was going to be one of the 3 zillion PaperArtsy stamps I have, but which one.  Oh the dilema.  Don't worry though as having slept on the matter the decision was made.  I chose my favourite PaperArtsy stamp of that particular second (mmmm, might be time to highlight my addiction to PaperArtsy stamps and admit to most of them being my favourites.  On second thoughts ... )


Enough of the digressing, the stamp was from Hot Pick HP1006.  I love this stamp as its so versatile - I didn't want the bottom bit so I didn't ink it, simples. Love those adverts, love meerkats - do you think the cats would mind a new resident?

Talking of all things Tim and PaperArtsy its less than two weeks til he who can be named (and swooned at) arrives.  Tissues packed ready to cover up drooling episodes, facial, manicure, pedicure and face lift booked.  Think I might be ready by 25th ... just.

Anyhows back to now, I sprayed some Paper Cellar raffia with Meadow Green glimmer mist, squirted some distress stickles on the dragon fly and finished off the tag with some embellishments.

Hope you like it

Debz
x

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Deb! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling and I love that little fence!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.