Saturday 23 April 2011

Craft Stamper

This was my entry to craft stamper's stamper of the year competition 2010 (yes, I know yonks a go - I'm a bit slow!)  I found this picture frame in Home Sense in the about to be sent to the rubbish bin section!  After taking off the back and giving it a lick of paint or two it looks like new.  Don't know about the rest of you but I think we send things to the rubbish bin way to quickly these days.  I'm making my mission this year to recycle more in my crafty ways (watch out on Grime Busters as my house appears full of toilet rolls, plastic and other such lovelies saved up and never used!)

I love playing with metal and utee so I wanted to make something bold, in two of my favourite colours (deep pink and aqua).  The image in my head was of a picture come to life so I wanted eveything to be bursting from the frame - not sure I really achieved that, but when I put on too many flowers it started to look messy.  Oh well, never said I was the finished article - crafter in training more like! 

First stop to make a mould using Tim Holtz bird cage alteration die.  It took a while to perfect the mould and then even longer to pour just enough utee to avoid going over the top of the mould.  It might look like its been damaged in places but that's on purpose - didn't want it to look to perfect and I wanted the bird escaping!  I've used Terra and Inka Gold to give the frame a rough look.  I wish I'd done something a little different for the bird, but I love the shrink plastic leaves on the branch and the ickle moth.
click to enlarge
The flowers are a mixture of PaperArtsy die cuts either embossed, alcohol inked, stamped or a bit of everything!  Some of the flowers have then been cut to make them different, either cutting out bits or raising them. One of the flowers is a bit mashed up but it has been to Malvern and back!

I'm entering this into:

Stamp Something - flowers, buttons and sparkle
Fabulous Friday - birds or butterflies

Hope you like it
x

2 comments:

  1. Love all the metal flowers Deb! Brilliant frame! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- i love all the textures. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.