Sunday 17 April 2011

An ode to PaperArtsy and Lin Brown

Much to Mr Bank Manager's relief and much to my annoyance (not really, well yes really, but I was being a good girl - all grown up - eek!) I didn't get to Ally Pally this month.  Luckily for me a friend did and whilst crafting away with her yesterday she divulged this little secret and promptly produced a tag created for her by Lin of LB Crafts. I was shocked, not only because she wasn't going but also because she had persuaded Lin to go PINK - eek! Rather annoyingly even a tag made with Lin's least favourite colour was gorgeous. 


Anyway, Ruth had, after receiving her masterpiece promptly picked up half the shop (actually she was quite well behaved and only bought half a dozen of the Al Fresco paints by PaperArtsy).  As Ruth had been cheeky enough to go to Ally Pally without moi I insisted (sort of. it went pretty pretty please could we play with your new paints) we made a tag, an ode to the tag she had been given when she wasn't with me (not that I am at all PUT OUT!) I got to use the lovely Al Fresco paints which I fell in love with at the AC event in Feb and rather smugly I could sit there knowing I had been all good and virtuous (ok, that's stretchy the matter!)

This is the tag I created using a Hero Arts Old French Writing stamp, some tissue tape  and some PaperArtsy stamps, as well as the afore mentioned paints.  I'm possibly not able to be quite as smug today as I may have just put in an order for some paint at PA HQ, but hey I was still environmentally friendly!

And as Simon Says Stamp and Show is all about distress this week I thought I would enter my tag.  Made with distress inks and those flowers certainly look stressed or did I mean distressed!

Hope you like it
x

7 comments:

  1. Tis a beautiful tag... you were good not going to AP... I think your bank manager should give you some free cash as you were so good lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Deb! Still haven't played with those paints yet! Lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lurvely !!! Those paints are lush and dangerous to the bank balance!

    kazxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tag, I only got 4 of the paints plus the crackle but want - no, need - more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag and great flower. How nice to play with some new goodies with like minded friends. I need some of those paints, in fact there is not much I don't need LOL. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Love your lavender tag! And the big showy flower is amazing! You did a great job on this! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again...thank you so much for leaving such a nice comment on my blog! I appreciate that so much! Again...love your tag! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.