Friday 1 April 2011

This was supposed to be my entry to Simon Says Stamp and Show, but blogger decided otherwise.  It started life as a peanut tin - you know the huge ones you get at Christmas.

I was a bit worried that you'd still be able to see the words on the tin as the tissue tape I used to cover it is quite translucent. Good job I've got a truck load of this as I seem to be using it on everything. Watch out cats!

After a dab of paint and pear tart memento ink (tsukineko), a splodge or two of Inka Gold lava green it was looking a bit more presentable. I then stamped on tissue using a Crafty Individuals stamp borrowed from a friend, Lucy (check out her blog, lovely things to see on it) and Tim's film strip stamp. All images were applied with Claudine Helmuth's matt medium which is just the best stuff ever.

My word for the challenge is tools as this is what the tin is for. Couldn't resist a bit more bling so I stuck on a Tim Holtz wordy thing (that's a techy term in case you're wondering) and then I got completely carried away with gems. Still have these from a TSV I bought on QVC about 5 years ago - this is why I don't buy on there anymore! Actually it's also because I like to support small shops too whether on the internet or locally {jumping off soap box}.

Anyways hope you like my new tool tin. The picture isn't the best. Not sure if its the light I took it in but the tissue is much more blended in than it appears - weird!

One final thing before I disappear I've been getting lots of lovely comments recently especially about my little flood. Thanks so much I really appreciate them and will try to visit your blogs when I have a moment.

Hope you like it
Debz
x

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so pretty! I love to repurpose old containers and make them into some thing new and useful. It reduces our carbon footprint, for one this, as we're throwing away less stuff. And for another, it's just fun to see what you can morph something into! I don't have all the doodads and tools that you do, but I still enjoy working with what I have. My Great Grandmother had this talent of turning "junk" into treasure and I think the genes have carried on down the generations. Thanks for showing us such a pretty and useful idea, Debz!

    ~ Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.