Thursday 1 December 2011

With all my heart

I love recycling things and when I went to a car boot sale back in the summer I found these heart shaped note holders that were crying out for a different spin.

I created a little metal shaped heart for the inset, covered the outside with Ferro and then dry brushed it to give a further dimension to it.  When all that was dry I painted the inset and then filled it with glossy accents to protect the metal.


Before and after

A close up showing the dry brushing
(shades of green highlighted with silver)
Now I just need to work out what to do with the other note holder!

Debz
x

3 comments:

  1. Ohh very nice!!!! The ferro turned out awesome and glossy accents on top is a nice finish! Can't see any bubbles. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! this is an amazing transformation. You have totally redefined this piece and given it new life. Very inspired. penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.