Monday 12 March 2012

Mojo Demon - do you have one?

My mojo demon is really evil.  My bank manager hates it, I hate it and I bet you hate yours.  Why do I hate it so much? 

Not just because it stops me crafting, but it also makes me go craft shopping.  Not useful craft shopping where you know what you want, what you will use and how you will use it, but just shopping for stuff.  You know, stuff, the things you buy and that sit around for ages (weeks, months or years in some cases).  Stuff that you think looks great, but you forget how to use the moment you get it home or worse still stuff you didn't know how to use in the first place or are too scared to use.

I can't be the only one, can I?

I'm getting better at the too scared to use malarky.  These days I'm much braver and will play with just about anything.  It helps having lots of crafty friends that like to play.  We bounce off of each other whilst putting the world right.

I've been doing a craft cleanse which has involved taking stock of all that I own, all that I like and all that I don't like.  It's been hard work and I made such a mess in my craft room that it made me non crafty for a while.  I've decided to take a break from documenting for a while, but I've documented all of my paints, ink pads, embossing powders, chalks etc (you get the picture). I've used a small art journalling book so that I can take it with me to craft shows and avoid buying similar colour paints, inks and so on.  I think I must have 4 or 5 of the the same aqua as it's a colour I'm drawn too.  At least I know I don't have to buy any for a while (quite a while!)  Luckily I've documented most of my stamps as I bought them, but there are probably a dozen or so that haven't left the packages yet and still need to be done.


I'm determine ... either I find a way to use it or it's going to be sold on Ebay.  If it no longer inspires me it is going. That's if anyone will have it - I may not get much for the things I sell but anything is a contribution to my more sensible buying in the future. At the moment I've put stuff in a big box ready for me to go through at the end (one last chance before it goes!)

Sorry for the terrible photo's, but they give you the idea.

One thing I have realised is that often the best effects in art journalling are not from items designed for art journalling.  Kiddy craft items are great - the mojo demon stripped background was created from a rubber rolling pin created for rolling kids clay.  It creates great texture. 

Happy Crafting
Debz
x

6 comments:

  1. Oh Debz, this resonates so much and just what I have been saying too for a couple of weeks. I feel my space is so overcrowded that my creativity hasn't got room to move. But I haven't done anything about it yet, unlike you. Plus I have never sold on Ebay and must get my head around that too. Hope your demon mojo gets sorted soon.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow -very impressed with your super organising documentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...got one of those definitely Deb! Really need to get my stash organised too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Debz, i do not like the mojo demon!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate. Need to do a serious purge here. Congrats on all your hard work... I know that's a huge time stealer. Hope you'll be crafting again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.