Thursday 31 May 2012

Dreams of travel

To cheer myself up when it started to rain this afternoon I decided to get inky and painty.  I created a journal page all about places I want to go.  Some places I've already been, but love so much I'd happily go back again and again.  Some places have been on my to do list forever but I don't want to visit them on the cheap or for just two weeks.  There are times when you have to be patient and put off that dream destination until you can do it justice.  That's why I haven't been to Peru yet.

When I go to Peru I don't want to do the normal Inca Trail trekking up behind thousands of other people.  I want to go off the beaten track and finish off in the Amazon for a week.  Imagine the difference!

I started off layer lots of different coloured paints in blue, white and turquoise, then added a little collaging at the top and bottom of the page.  A few stamps and a lot more layers of paint later I decided it was time to write.  Not content with then I doodled over some of the stamping and attacked it with some pastels.  I love Derwent for this as they aren't as expensive as Pan Pastels.  This is my finished page:



Happy Crafting
Debz
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.